I haven’t taken glamour shots for a while, so I’ve got a ton to post.
EDIT: Just to add for the non-mini painters, to give you a sense of scale the bases on these guys are about the size of a quarter.
My light box consists of two lamps with paper towels hanging over them, but I am afraid I have reached the end of my iPhone’s capability to take decent pictures. All of these look better in person, since my camera is killing most of the shading I put in, and it makes everything look gritty. I may have to break down and borrow Mrs. Correia’s Cannon and figure out how to actually take better pictures.
First is a character for the IKRPG I’m thinking about playing after we wrap up our WNGN L5R campaign.
This one is heavily kit bashed together using parts from several minis, a bunch of green stuff putty, pinning, cutting, Dremeling, etc, but it is worth it because nothing says awesome like an ogre with a gatling gun.
This next one is a test scheme for a Legion army for Warmachine. Plus I just felt like painting a monster. I went with a purple for the skin and dirty white for the plates.
These next few are for my Warmachine Mercenary army.
Magnus (I sawed his head off and pinned on this helmet instead)
And a quick note on the leaves on the bases. Those are from birch seed pods. They really do look like big fallen leaves though. It makes a cool effect.
This next one is also for my Merc army, but I put a bit more time into this troll because I really enjoyed the sculpt.
These next two are also test color schemes for another Warmachine army, Retribution.
And this ‘jack, which I painted once, then totally screwed up when I accidentally grabbed the can of white spray primer instead of the matte clear coat. So at that point I was frustrated and used it as an experiment in painting dirt and grime. The legs actually look extremely cool with all the mud caked on.
EDIT: WiP for hosting purposes
Filed under: Uncategorized |